Saturday 23 August 2014

Malta!

Hello again!

Recently I have got back from a very well needed holiday for my family and I and we choose the small island of Malta to visit due to my mum being born there.


This was the first time I have ever been and we went for 10 days. The 3 hour plane journey was not bad at all and it was so exciting to finally land. Malta is very historical and has beautiful views of the sea which is lovely and it is boiling out there! I think 300 days of the year are pure sunshine which is great but I think I would be spending A LOT on sun cream if I lived there! haha. As well as this Malta and the islands next to it Gozo and Comino seem to be a celebrity hot spot...

We stayed in the Grand Hotel Excelsior which is located near Valletta and it was a beautiful and very posh hotel. I would highly recommend it and many celebrity guests have stayed there including Lady Gaga, One Republic, Rita Ora and many more! However most recently... Tom Felton most known for his hit role in the Blockbuster Harry Potter franchise. He happened to be staying there as well and I saw him standing in my lobby and instead of asking for a picture I went into total panic and walked straight past and now I regret not doing anything... so thats great!

But anyway Tom Felton was out in Malta filming for a new film called Clavius. Acting alongside Felton is Joseph Fiennes and the film is said to be a ' biblical thriller' with lots of drama kicking off 50 days after a crucifixion. It sounds quite different and it will be exciting to see them in action with their fantastic acting. The film is rumored to be out around Easter 2015 so look out for that!

As well as Tom, our taxi driver on the way to the airport told us that the legendary Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt were staying on the island of Gozo. This too is for filming and according to the taxi driver the beach was closed to the public on Sunday in order for to film. This is the first time the pair have filmed together since 2005 in 'Mr. & Mrs. Smith' and I think we are all just a bit too excited!? However this is not the first time Pitt has filmed in Malta. Troy which came out in 2004 and World War Z in 2013 both starring Pitt were filmed in Malta!

Here are a list of a few other well known films shot in Malta:

1980- Popeye
1981- Clash of the Titans
2000- Gladiator
2002- Pinnochio
2006- The Da Vinci Code

Who knew that such a tiny island would be capable of such great things!


No comments :

Post a Comment