Sunday 15 February 2015

Visiting Radio 1!

Well on Friday 13th February, I had the amazing opportunity to go to the Radio 1 studios as a runners up prize with some fab people from my school. Molly has already written a blog post about it and why we got to go so it would be great if you could go read hers as well to find out that in more detail! Just click right here. Anyway I thought I would tell you some of my best bits and memories of the day!

Despite the early start I was sooo excited and just couldn't contain my excitement. Not only was I visiting Radio 1 and the BBC studios but I was also going with such fabulous people which just made it perfect. We ended up arriving at the studios at around half 10 and got given name badges which made me feel so cool and official. haha. We were greeted by the loveliest producer called James Clark who looked after us all day and he was literally the best. He took us straight up to the eighth floor where the radio studios are and I was just so amazed. I couldn't actually believe where I was standing. We all got to look where the live lounge performances are recorded and in the studio to the left I saw the perfect Fearne Cotton on air. I was so happy because she is so great and we made eye contact and I think I weed maybe a little bit. 
After that we met another producer called Derek and we were told that we were going to have our own little go at being presenters and while he was explaining all this and about the studios, we noticed that Grimmy was sat in the studio right next to us. I was so excited omg. We all just kind off carried on though as James went out the room and spoke to him and then came back. 5 minutes later Grimmy came into the room. Oh it was magical, I think all our faces just lit up, he was so so lovely and chatty and we even got a group photo with him which makes me so happy. It was then quite hard to concentrate on the whole presenting thing which I was absolutely terrified to do because we had to do it on our own but nothing was going to stop me from this once in a lifetime experience and I actually enjoyed it so much. I'm also quite proud of myself because speaking in front of people is not my favourite thing in the world but there was no way I was missing out...

After having lunch at Pizza Express we were then given the BBC studio tour in which we saw the set of The One Show and other cool places like where the news is filmed. The BBC is honestly such an incredible place and I would really recommend going because it is such a fun day out. 

To finish the day we had a q&a with James where he let us ask him any any questions. Beforehand, we were waiting outside the studio and I saw Scott Mills on air which was amazing and quite surreal! The q&a was so beneficial because the media is something I defiantly want to have a career in when I am older. James was so helpful and I was so grateful to have him talking to us because he I felt he was a great representative. We even asked what his favourite live lounge performance ever was and he replied with Miley Cyrus. It shocked some people but it honestly didn't surprise me because I love her ahah. We then took many pictures inside the studio and I now have hundreds of pictures in my camera roll! 

I really really didn't want to leave but I am so glad and very grateful that I have this memory to look back on. I also just want to say I'm so lucky to go to a school which gives me great opportunities with some of the coolest teachers and people.

No comments :

Post a Comment